Partner visa (Permanent) subclass 820 lets the de facto partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia permanently. It is usually only for people who currently hold a temporary Partner visa (subclass 820).
With this visa, you can
– Stay in Australia indefinitely
– Work in Australia
– Study in Australia
– Enrol in Australia’s public healthcare scheme, Medicare
– Sponsor your family members to come to Australia
– Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
– If eligible, attend free English language classes provided by the Adult Migrant English Program
– If eligible, apply for Australian citizenship
– Be in a genuine relationship with your spouse or de facto partner who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
– Be in Australia when you apply for this visa and when we decide your temporary visa application. Family who apply with you must also be in Australia
– Not had a visa cancelled or an application refused
– Applicants in de facto relationships and married applicants must be 18 or older when they apply.
– Meet health requirements
– Meet character requirements
– Cost ranging: From AUD7,715 for most applicants. From AUD1,285 for Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) holders.